Carbon Monoxide Testing and Proper ventilation, a solid cleaning, and a working early-CO-detection alarm are your biggest allies when it comes to preventing a carbon monoxide buildup. Contact us for a carbon monoxide test and ensure you and your families’ safety. We offer Carbon Monoxide Testing on Long Island NY.
A common output of malfunctioning or improperly used appliances, carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that’s nicknamed the “silent killer” because you can’t see it, smell it or taste it. Furnaces, stoves, ovens, water heaters and blocked chimney vents can all be potential sources of carbon monoxide, or CO.
So how do you protect yourself? Here are some important safety tips from the U.S. Fire Administration that can help keep you safe from carbon monoxide poisoning this winter
Furnace and Chimney Safety Precautions
- Have fuel-burning heating equipment and chimneys inspected annually. This includes your furnace, water heater, wood stove and any portable heaters.
- Make sure the damper is opened and clear of debris before using a fireplace.
- Never use your oven or stove to heat your home.
- When purchasing new appliances, look for products that have been tested and are labeled by a recognized testing laboratory.
- Make sure all fuel-burning equipment is vented to the outside and is kept clear and unblocked.
- Damaged or discolored bricks at the top of your chimney, moisture around the windows and walls near a furnace, and excessive rust on vent pipes or the outside of appliances can all be signs of a potential CO problem. Call us if you spot these signs.
US Chimney offers Chimney Inspections, Chimney Cleaning, maintenance, and repair services. We believe your search for quality chimney contractors will end with us. We’re committed to completing cleanings and repairs with skill and expertise, effectively meeting our customers’ needs the first time around. Follow us on Facebook.
Call Us Today! 1 (516) 605-1074