A recent house fire in our area was caused by flames igniting creosote, a harmful residue present in the smoke produced by burning wood that accumulates on the flue. This dangerous incident could have been prevented.
This winter, take proactive steps to keep your family safe by contacting US Chimney. Let us help you prevent becoming another statistic.
A firefighter on the scene provided the following insight: “I strongly recommend an inspection using a camera. Installing a metal liner in the chimney is the best solution to avoid worrying about mortar degradation.” Contact US Chimney today for comprehensive chimney services.
Fires require three elements to burn: heat, fuel, and oxygen. Chimneys coated with even a thin layer of 1/8-inch of creosote provides flames with ample fuel to become dangerous.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact us today to schedule an inspection and cleaning. Our professional team is here to keep your home and family safe.